Further to our previous blog in relation to the Job Support Scheme and questions asked by you all, we have now drafted a range of Letters & Tools for the Job Support Scheme (JSS) for all members of the team who will be taking part in this scheme once Furlough (Job Retention Scheme (JSS) has finished.
As previously discussed on the 24th September 2020, and in our previous blogs, Chancellor Rishi Sunak announced a new set of measures designed to assist businesses over the winter months that are struggling as a result of Covid-19 restrictions which is called the Job Support Scheme.
This new scheme replaces the Job Retention Scheme (JRS) – Furlough which many of you have taken advantage of which ends on 31 October 2020. The new JSS will start on 1st November 2020.
The Scheme provides different levels of support dependent on whether the business can remain open or is told to shut as a result of local or national coronavirus restrictions.
Job Support Scheme overview – FAQ’s
- Job Support Scheme FAQs – Please click here.
PROCESS GOING FORWARD – LETTERS: In view of the changes and introduction of the new JSS, we have drafted a range of letters for this new scheme dependent on your companies circumstances and please tell us asap which applies to you so that we can ensure you have the right tools to inform your teams and make sure we are following HR best practice and the law whilst keeping the appropriate records either on Breathe HR or your companies personal HR filing system. The options of the letters for team members are:
- Letter to agree to Job Support Scheme
- Letter to agree to the Job Support Scheme if your business has to close.This should be used when the employee is not eligible to be furloughed under the Job Retention Scheme but is eligible for the Job Support Scheme (premises closure) and needs to agree to it to cover the period from 1 November. Please note that the period of closure up to 1 November will not be covered under any scheme in this specific situation.
- Letter to agree to switch from JRS furlough to Job Support Scheme due to closure of business.This should be used when the employee is furloughed under the Job Retention Scheme and needs to agree to move over to the Job Support Scheme from 1 November.
- Letter to agree to both JRS furlough and Job Support Scheme due to business closure
This should be used when the employee is not already on furlough under the Job Retention Scheme and needs to agree to be furloughed to cover the period from the business closure date until 31 October and also agree to be placed on the Job Support Scheme until 1 November.
- Letter to agree to extend furlough and agree to the Job Support Scheme due to business closure.This should be used when the employee is already on furlough under the Job Retention Scheme when the business closure comes into effect, but the furlough agreement is set to run out before the end of October.
All letters once drafted and you have ensured consultancy has taken place with the affected team members should be saved onto your Breathe HR and within their specific section for future reference if needed by the HMRC etc or a suitable company secure filing system.
As always if you have any questions, do not hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team.
Matthew, Hayley & Helen
ADDRESS: BTC, BESSEMER DRIVE, STEVENAGE, SG1 2DX
We take the pain out of managing people whilst preventing people problems.
We are a personal, unique HR & Employment Law service, helping employers who cannot support their own in-house Human Resources department.
Our monthly packages are designed to be affordable and scales with your business as you grow.
We hold the highest Employment Law qualifications (Level 7) with our Chartered Institute and all our advice is fully professionally liability insured and accredited by the CIPD and other leading professional bodies, including the Solicitors Regulation Authority and Bar Standards Board.
We have a range of experiences within all UK business sectors both front & back of house from fast footfall, high turnover retail, hotels & catering and pharmaceuticals to Post Production & Advertising.
We are based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire and cover surrounding areas including Bedfordshire & Cambridgeshire. Get in touch today to see how Consensus HR can help.